Eighteen Texas Wineries will be featured at the upcoming Downtown Tyler Wine Swirl on June 28. Organizers released the list of participating wineries on Thursday.
Main Street Director Beverly Abell explained that a Wine Swirl is a pairing of local restaurants with Texas wineries. Ticket-holders will be able to “swirl” from site to site downtown on June 28 from 6 to 10 p.m. to sample food and wine while enjoying live entertainment and art.
The wineries will be paired individually with 18 Tyler area restaurants in a wine- and food-tasting event to take place around the downtown square area from 6 to 10 p.m.
Participating wineries are:
- Austin Winery of Austin,
- Wine Swirl logoBriar Creek Vineyards of Whitehouse
- Caney Creek Winery of Grapevine
- Crump Valley Vineyards of Sulphur Springs
- Dionisio Winery of Houston
- Enoch’s Stomp of Harleton
- Flat Creek Estate of Marble Falls
- Kiepersol Winery of Tyler
- Los Pinos of Pittsburg, Pelle Legna of Tyler
- Perrine Winery of College Station
- Red Road of Naples
- Texas Legato Winery of Lampasas
- Texas SouthWind Vineyard and Winery of Refugio
- Texas Vineyard and Smokehaus of Palestine
- Vineyard at Florence
- Weinhof Winery of Forestburg
- Wedding Oak Winery of San Saba.
“We are so excited to feature these excellent Texas wineries at our event,” said Abell. “All of the wineries were eager to jump on board with this new project, and we couldn’t be more honored to host them.”
Tickets are $50 each, and all net proceeds go to help fund the downtown revitalization work of the Main Street Department. Most wine swirls in other Texas communities sell out prior to the event, so Abell said she urges the public to buy tickets now in order to not be disappointed when tickets run out.
“Though we are a City department, we do have to fundraise a significant portion of our budget,” Abell said. “The Wine Swirl is a great way to meet that mission while promoting our local restaurants and wineries.”
Those who want more information should go to www.TylerWineSwirl.com or call the City of Tyler Main Street Department at (903) 593-6905. There is also a Wine Swirl page on Facebook.