I started running about four years ago to lose weight. At first I hated it. My lungs burned and my head hurt and every footstep felt like sledge hammers pounding on my calves. I persisted out of stubbornness. I’d bought a good pair of shoes and I didn’t want to waste them. A few months …
Tag Archive: be strong
Apr 20 2013
Let's lace up and keep running: We can’t close down the world and huddle in our houses after the Boston Marathon attack.
April 20, 2013
Tags: 9/11, 9/11 attack, 9/11 terrorism, 9/11 terrorist, America, america bombings, america is still strong, america will be victorious, attack, Aurora, be couragous, be strong, blast, bomb, bombing, bombings, bost marathon, boston, boston attack, boston bomb, boston explostion, boston marathon attack, boston marathon tainted, boston usa, bostons deadly blast, can't let them beat us down, Columbine, courage, deadly, deadly attack, deadly blast, deadly explosion, don't give into fear, don't give up, don't give up hope, English teacher in Alliance, explosion, finish line, finish line bombs, finish line explosion, frank miller, freedom, government officials, gun terrorism, guns, horror, injured, joy, joy tainted, justice, knife, knife attack, marathon, monday's bomb, murders, Ohio, people killed, police, race, runner, runners, safe, safety, Sandy Hook, strength, Terrorism, terrorism attack, terrorist, Texas A&M, the courts, tragedy, tragety, united states, victory, volunteers, where are we safe, where is safety
Permanent link to this article: http://www.easttexasreview.com/lets-lace-up-and-keep-running-we-cant-close-down-the-world-and-huddle-in-our-houses-after-the-boston-marathon-attack/
- Shooting Stars October 31, 2014
- UT TYLER Nurse Recognized October 30, 2014
- Halloween Night: Masquerade Ball October 29, 2014
- Electronic Sample Ballots October 28, 2014
- Tyler Public Library: It’s Spanish Story Time October 27, 2014
- How Do You Know If You’re Going To Heaven? October 26, 2014
- Voting for the Party or the Person October 25, 2014
- Kilgore College named “Military Friendly School” October 25, 2014
- Longview’s future takes shape October 24, 2014
- Texas Woman Arrested for Theft of Livestock October 23, 2014
- ▼2014 (76)
- ▼October (41)
- Shooting Stars
- UT TYLER Nurse Recognized
- Halloween Night: Masquerade Ball
- Electronic Sample Ballots
- Tyler Public Library: It’s Spanish Story Time
- How Do You Know If You’re Going To Heaven?
- Voting for the Party or the Person
- Kilgore College named “Military Friendly School”
- Longview’s future takes shape
- Texas Woman Arrested for Theft of Livestock
- Veteran Housing: Tyler Awarded $174,030
- ‘Deporter In Chief’: Obama Increases Deportation
- Early Voting Begins Today
- Celebrating LeTourneau Aviation
- What Difference Can a Teacher Make?
- Banning Medical Pot Makes No Sense: Why deny a cancer or AIDS patient a medication that reduces suffering?
- Library Plans Zombie Shootout
- Diabetes Conference Slated
- Voter ID Remains In Effect
- Medicare: Start Enrollment
- New Car: How to Pay Less
- THINK PINK
- Back to Basics
- Why Is Jesus Forgiving?
- Discipline Questioned: U.S. Department of Education Announces Voluntary Resolution
- Let Them Eat Tips: Marriott’s push to get guests to subsidize its crummy pay for the people who clean hotel rooms is a disgrace.
- Tax Benefits
- PTISD accepts mediation
- Conference slated
- Ebola: Fight the Disease, not the Victims
- Deadline Nears: “Against All Odds” to open
- PTISD Choir Students Selected
- Marshall Native Serves Aboard USS Makin Island
- Fleecing Our Vets: DOD works to protect military personnel finances
- What Can We Learn From Suffering?
- Prof. Named
- The Nouveau Sodbusters: Wall Street’s fake farmers are harvesting sweet profits.
- Accepting Applications
- Brain teasers slated
- Sailing Season
- Tyler changes water
- ►September (35)
- ▼October (41)
- ►2013 (403)
- ►2012 (439)
- ►2011 (679)