Burger King bills itself as “home of the Whopper,” a name intended to convey to burger eaters that this one is a whale of a deal. But “whopper” also means a prevarication, a crock, a tall tale — hogwash. Both meanings apply to Burger King’s current effort to take over Tim Hortons, a Canadian coffee-and-doughnut …
Tag Archive: corporate taxes
Sep 06 2014
Tags: a Canadian coffee-and-doughnut chain, american customers, Burger King, burgerking, burgers, canada, canadian, canadian taxes, CEO, corporate taxes, corporation, corporations, Daniel Schwartz, dodge taxes, fast food, fast food giant, inversion, Jim Hightower, lower taxes, money, Schwartz & Co, tax, tax corporations, tax dodge, tax evasion, tax loophole, taxes, Tim Hortons
Permanent link to this article: http://www.easttexasreview.com/do-you-want-some-hogwash-with-that-burger/
- What Difference Can a Teacher Make? October 19, 2014
- Banning Medical Pot Makes No Sense: Why deny a cancer or AIDS patient a medication that reduces suffering? October 18, 2014
- Library Plans Zombie Shootout October 18, 2014
- Diabetes Conference Slated October 16, 2014
- Voter ID Remains In Effect October 15, 2014
- Medicare: Start Enrollment October 15, 2014
- New Car: How to Pay Less October 14, 2014
- THINK PINK October 13, 2014
- Back to Basics October 13, 2014
- Why Is Jesus Forgiving? October 12, 2014
- ▼2014 (62)
- ▼October (27)
- What Difference Can a Teacher Make?
- Banning Medical Pot Makes No Sense: Why deny a cancer or AIDS patient a medication that reduces suffering?
- Library Plans Zombie Shootout
- Diabetes Conference Slated
- Voter ID Remains In Effect
- Medicare: Start Enrollment
- New Car: How to Pay Less
- THINK PINK
- Back to Basics
- Why Is Jesus Forgiving?
- Discipline Questioned: U.S. Department of Education Announces Voluntary Resolution
- Let Them Eat Tips: Marriott’s push to get guests to subsidize its crummy pay for the people who clean hotel rooms is a disgrace.
- Tax Benefits
- PTISD accepts mediation
- Conference slated
- Ebola: Fight the Disease, not the Victims
- Deadline Nears: “Against All Odds” to open
- PTISD Choir Students Selected
- Marshall Native Serves Aboard USS Makin Island
- Fleecing Our Vets: DOD works to protect military personnel finances
- What Can We Learn From Suffering?
- Prof. Named
- The Nouveau Sodbusters: Wall Street’s fake farmers are harvesting sweet profits.
- Accepting Applications
- Brain teasers slated
- Sailing Season
- Tyler changes water
- ►September (35)
- ▼October (27)
- ►2013 (403)
- ►2012 (439)
- ►2011 (679)