Tyler ISD selected one of our current outstanding employees to serve as Principal of John Tyler High School. Mr. Michael Timms, who currently serves as John Tyler High School Associate Principal of Curriculum & Instruction, will take over as principal in July. Mr. Timms began his career in education 27 years ago when he worked as a substitute teacher in Dallas ISD. Mr. Timms has served as a teacher, assistant principal, and principal at several schools across the state. As principal of Turner Middle School, a low performing campus in Waxahachie ISD, Mr. Timms led the campus to earn Texas Education Agency’s Recognized status for the first time in the school’s history. “As an educator, I believe that we must allow students to chart their own course in life, while we give them the moral and academic compass to guide them on the voyages they must take in order to be successful,” Mr. Timms said. “It is with great responsibility that I accept the challenges of educating our students.” Mr. Timms began working for Tyler ISD in 2010 as Dean of the Freshman Academy at John Tyler High School, and was later named Associate Principal of Curriculum & Instruction. “Mr. Timms is an outstanding leader,” Tyler ISD Superintendent Dr. Randy Reid said. “He is committed to upholding John Tyler’s traditions while striving to reach greater educational excellence for all students.” Earlier this year, Mr. Timms was named the Texas Association of Secondary School Principals (TASSP) State of Texas Assistant Principal of the Year. This award is given to the assistant principal who exhibits exemplary performance and outstanding leadership in secondary education. Mr. Timms was unanimously selected to receive this honor by a committee of eight leading educators in the State of Texas.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.easttexasreview.com/timms-to-head-jt/
- Texas Woman Arrested for Theft of Livestock October 23, 2014
- Veteran Housing: Tyler Awarded $174,030 October 22, 2014
- ‘Deporter In Chief’: Obama Increases Deportation October 21, 2014
- Early Voting Begins Today October 20, 2014
- Celebrating LeTourneau Aviation October 20, 2014
- What Difference Can a Teacher Make? October 19, 2014
- Banning Medical Pot Makes No Sense: Why deny a cancer or AIDS patient a medication that reduces suffering? October 18, 2014
- Library Plans Zombie Shootout October 18, 2014
- Diabetes Conference Slated October 16, 2014
- Voter ID Remains In Effect October 15, 2014
- ▼2014 (67)
- ▼October (32)
- Texas Woman Arrested for Theft of Livestock
- Veteran Housing: Tyler Awarded $174,030
- ‘Deporter In Chief’: Obama Increases Deportation
- Early Voting Begins Today
- Celebrating LeTourneau Aviation
- What Difference Can a Teacher Make?
- Banning Medical Pot Makes No Sense: Why deny a cancer or AIDS patient a medication that reduces suffering?
- Library Plans Zombie Shootout
- Diabetes Conference Slated
- Voter ID Remains In Effect
- Medicare: Start Enrollment
- New Car: How to Pay Less
- THINK PINK
- Back to Basics
- Why Is Jesus Forgiving?
- Discipline Questioned: U.S. Department of Education Announces Voluntary Resolution
- Let Them Eat Tips: Marriott’s push to get guests to subsidize its crummy pay for the people who clean hotel rooms is a disgrace.
- Tax Benefits
- PTISD accepts mediation
- Conference slated
- Ebola: Fight the Disease, not the Victims
- Deadline Nears: “Against All Odds” to open
- PTISD Choir Students Selected
- Marshall Native Serves Aboard USS Makin Island
- Fleecing Our Vets: DOD works to protect military personnel finances
- What Can We Learn From Suffering?
- Prof. Named
- The Nouveau Sodbusters: Wall Street’s fake farmers are harvesting sweet profits.
- Accepting Applications
- Brain teasers slated
- Sailing Season
- Tyler changes water
- ►September (35)
- ▼October (32)
- ►2013 (403)
- ►2012 (439)
- ►2011 (679)
America Bible budget Children Christ Christian Christianity college Debt Donald Kaul East Texas Education food free God government gregg county health IRS Jason Alderman Jesus jesus christ Jim Hightower job kids Kilgore Kilgore College library Longview Longview ISD Longview Regional Medical Center longview texas longview tx LRMC money Pine Tree ISD school student tax taxes texas tx Tyler Tyler ISD UT Tyler